About Me

My photo
Business, Free Enterprise and Constitutional Issues; Pro-Life and Pro Second Amendment. Susan Lynn is a member of the Tennessee General Assembly. She serves as Chairman of the Consumer and Human Resources subcommittee, a member of the Finance Ways and Means Committee and the Ethics Committee. She holds a BS in economics and a minor in history.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Lynn Calls Out Pettiness of Opponent

I don't generally acknowledge the pettiness of opponents however today I probably need to say something.
My opponent sent a press release to the fake newspaper the Tennessee Star today condemning me for not signing on to a group press release by some legislators that condemned the Metro Council for their attempt to turn Nashville into a sanctuary city.
.
However, Rep. Kevin Brooks and I issued much stronger press release of our own on Monday strongly condemning Metro's attempt to create a sanctuary city; https://tinyurl.com/ybdpo6gw
.
The reason Rep. Kevin Brooks and I didn't sign-on to the group press release is because it wasn't very strong - for instance, they wrote "We implore you..." in the letter to the Metro Council. Well to implore is "to beg" or "to plead". Rep. Brooks and I felt that it is totally inappropriate for state legislators to beg the Metro Council not to pass the ordinances. We requested edits to change this wording yesterday morning to make the press release stronger but were turned down.
.
Request for edits https://tinyurl.com/y8evpwe3
Request turned down https://tinyurl.com/y7ytldg8
.
Rep Brooks noticed this morning that the Star wrote about the other legislators press release but not ours. His sixth sense felt that we should notify the Star of our press release which went out earlier than the group press release so he telephoned me. I agreed and we notified the Star this morning, and asked to be included in their article. https://tinyurl.com/ydcag354.  However, so far we have been ignored.
.
Now the fake news Star has published an attempt by my opponent to zing me which he submitted to the Star some time today - he mistakenly calls me out for not standing up against Metro.
 .
My father's wise words come to mind regarding my opponent's petty actions; my father always said "If you are going to say something publicly, you had better be right!"
 .
Opponent - do your homework first.

No comments: